It Is Our Vision
- To share the Gospel of Jesus Christ in all its aspects with the thousands of residents in the northeast of Adelaide. Acts 1:8
- To continually welcome all peoples into the fellowship of our church family – worshipping, loving, labouring together in joyous harmony and in prayerful dependence upon God. Acts 2:41-47, Colossians 4:2
- To be a fellowship where all people, including the hurting, the depressed, the frustrated and the confused can find love, acceptance, help, hope, forgiveness, guidance and encouragement. Isaiah 61:1-3, Matthew 5:3-4;11:28
- To develop people to spiritual maturity; that is, obedience to God’s word and submission of every aspect of their lives to God. Ephesians 4:11-13
- To equip and encourage every believer to actively engage in works of service through the use of their gifts and talents. 1 Corinthians 12:7; 12:18, Ephesians 4:12
- To send out many career missionaries and church workers all around the world and empower every person for a personal life mission in the world. Matthew 28:19, Acts 1:8
- To plant other churches nearby and further afield. Acts 14:21-23
- To promote justice and mercy in our community and to speak out against the evils of society in a Godly manner.Isaiah 1:17, Amos 5:14-15, Mark 6:18
We believe this vision is consistent with what God wants for His church everywhere. It can be achieved here, only as we stand together as church@paravista.
As we are faithful to the Gospel of Jesus Christ to make this happen, we value the following Christian distinctives as a way to grow in a closer relationship to God.
In themselves, these are good, but they do not save. Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and man. And it’s through His birth, death, resurrection and ascension that this is made possible for us. We are called to believe upon Him for this Salvation. For there is no other name by which men can be saved.
- A lifestyle that displays love for God and for one’s neighbours as normal for every Christian.
- Prayer, Bible reading and sound teaching as essential for the spiritual growth of individuals and of the church.
- Excellence and integrity in all things as honouring to God.
- The recognition of spiritual gifts and their use for the building up of the church.
- The ongoing development and appropriate use of leadership gift as vital for maintaining a healthy church.
- Relationships characterised by unity, flexibility, grace and love as essential to the life of the church.
- Small group participation as the best means for the growth and care of believers.
- Cultural relevance in harmony with doctrinal purity.
- The community that we serve because all the people in it matter to God.
- The exercise of mercy and the promotion of justice at all levels of the community.
These core values are constant, passionate, biblical core beliefs that drive the ministry.